Tuesday, July 15, 2008
(1:23 PM) | Adam Kotsko:
The ProcessA White Bear writes the following in comments:
The process seems to me to be:
1. You write this blog on the internet, so you must desperately want advice from strangers who wander by.
2. My advice is that you are obviously a pig-headed idiot/slut who is insane and requires a lobotomy/serious dicking [for the ladies].
3. How can you not want my excellent advice? Believe me, I, a stranger on the internet, have your best interests at heart. I just want you to be happy, and by taking my advice, you can achieve enlightenment.
4. What do you mean, I don't know you well enough to give you advice? I read every fifth word in like three of your posts, so we're basically intimates now. Your BLOG is on the INTERNET where I can READ it.
5. Who are all these people telling me I'm being stupid? They're your little echo chamber circle-jerk, aren't they? Just because they've known you for years and are mostly your intimate friends, they think they know you better than I do. Hah. HAH! How much do you pay them to stroke you off all day?
6. BAN me then! BANISH me, you tyrant! I will go down in history as the hero who finally vanquished your ego! I will have triumphed forever if you delete my comments! It will prove that you know how right I am and how wrong everyone who has ever known you is! I'll not sleep for weeks, with the smile I'll have on my face, knowing how I wormed my way into your brain and forced you to recognize yourself for the first time in your life! BAN ME.
See, if you just skip to 6, you don't have to hear the entire thing every time. It's inevitable.
Yes, my blog is a circle-jerk for people who actually care about me and read the posts carefully. If you want to join in, we have a pretty good time. If you don't, go read someone else's blog.