Home for the heteronomous | "Get a job — and some human rights!"

Thursday, April 28, 2005

resume is available here.

The first job my temp agency gave me was in the suburbs, for 25 hrs./wk., for a relatively low wage. I thought that an outbound commute would be reasonable, but it was an hour drive each way today, for a fifteen-mile trip. I found an alternate route once I got home, but I obviously have no idea how that's going to work out. Maybe it would work for some people, but for me, driving an hour each way in heavy traffic is way too stressful to be worth it for a part-time job. I was really hoping that I could find something downtown, or at least near an L stop, so that driving wouldn't even enter into consideration, and in fact I put that down on the form they gave me the day I registered. So -- whatever. One of you can just get me a job instead, I'm sure, so this isn't even an issue.

| permalink | Main Page

(Adam Kotsko has asserted the moral right to be identified as the author of this post.)








Google
adamkotsko.com
Web


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com


"Hold me closer, tiny blogger"