Monday, April 23, 2007
(4:32 PM) | Adam Kotsko:
Serious Political IssuesThis blog has become too meta even by our own standards! Decadence abounds, while the world goes to shit. Only by our powerful and nuanced opining can our socio-political order be set right. I still bolt awake in the middle of the night thinking to myself, "Oh, God! If only I'd blogged more in the run-up to the Iraq War! Things might be so different."
In that spirit, I will give you my opinion on every major issue facing our nation and the world.
- John Edwards was absolutely right to get a $400 haircut. We don't ask Obama to pretend not to be black, so why ask Edwards to pretend not to be the kind of guy who can get a renowned hairstylist to make a housecall? Rich people are consistently negatively portrayed in the media -- they need to start reclaiming their cultural heritage of rich-person-hood with pride and defiance.
- The CTA's three-track system has worked so incredibly well that I think we can probably go ahead and reduce it to two.
- But in all seriousness: Dennis Kucinich has introduced articles of impeachment against Dick Cheney. I approve of the impeachment of Cheney, and preferably he should spend the rest of his life in jail. But it'll probably never come to that, because he'll just fake a heart attack and join Ken Lay in his secret bunker.
- Bitch PhD has fallen victim to a pet food recall. This is clearly an FDA plot to get back at her for her writings on Plan B.
- Claire is drawn further and further into the cult of environmentalism. I'm worried about her.
- Finally, they still have lions in front of the Art Institute. I approve, but I wonder when they're going to be restored to their original copper glory. If the Olympics come to Chicago and all the visitors see that we've allowed all our statuary to rust, we'll become an international and intergalactic laughing-stock! But where is this in Mayor Daley's budget? Nowhere. So typical.
- Finally, Atrios admits it.