Friday, March 02, 2007
(9:53 AM) | Adam Kotsko:
Friday Afternoon Confessional: Closer to the Afternoon than UsualI confess that I have had an exhausting couple of days. I confess that I have to travel to Bourbonnais today and haven't quite figured out how I'm going to get back to Chicago. I confess that I'm not particularly looking forward to next week, now that I think about it. I confess that, at the very least, in two weeks both my quarter classes will be over, leaving me with a lot more time.
I confess that I led class Wednesday night, over the very intuitively connected topics of the Trinity, angels and demons, the nature of the soul, and divine providence as presented in Calvin's Institutes, and it went extremely well. I confess that I now have only 12 books left on the 20th Century list, after finishing Gerhard Ebeling's Introduction to a Theological Theory of Language last night.
I confess that last night I had a dream that included the following elements:
- Being among the "final four" on American Idol
- Viewing this as an opportunity to get close enough to Ryan Seacrest that I could cause him physical pain, though I wimped out in the end
- Developing a crush on one of my fellow contestants (named "Malissa" -- the same way my first girlfriend spelled her name), who sadly only had eyes for Ryan Seacrest
- Discovering that American Idol was being held in my parents' church, and so deciding that I would walk from there to Border's (a pretty long walk)
- Getting lost and finding myself in some kind of factory
I confess that New Left Review's coverage of the Democratic victory in 2006 is pretty depressing.